Deliciously Juicy Pork Loin Steak Recipe: A Must-Try for Meat Lovers!
Are you a meat lover looking for a delicious and juicy dish to satisfy your cravings? Look no further than our mouthwatering Pork Loin Steak recipe! This recipe is perfect for those who enjoy tender and flavorful cuts of pork. With the right ingredients and cooking techniques, you can create a delectable steak that will leave you wanting more. Whether you're hosting a dinner party or simply treating yourself to a special meal, this Pork Loin Steak recipe is a must-try for any culinary enthusiast. Get ready to indulge in a world of flavors with this tantalizing dish!
Ingredients needed for Pork Loin Steak
To make this deliciously juicy pork loin steak, you will need the following ingredients:
- 2 pork loin steaks
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
These simple ingredients come together to create a flavorful and tender pork loin steak that will leave your taste buds craving for more.
Step-by-step instructions for cooking Pork Loin Steak
a. Start by preparing the pork loin steak. Trim any excess fat and season it generously with salt, pepper, and your favorite herbs or spices.
b. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add a drizzle of oil. Once hot, carefully place the seasoned steak in the skillet and sear it for about 2-3 minutes on each side until nicely browned.
c. Transfer the seared steak to a preheated oven at 400°F (200°C) and continue cooking for approximately 10-15 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 145°F (63°C) for medium doneness.
d. Once cooked, remove the steak from the oven and let it rest for about 5 minutes to allow the juices to redistribute. This will ensure a tender and juicy result when you cut into it.
e. Slice the pork loin steak against the grain into thick, juicy slices. Serve it with your favorite sides like roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, or a fresh salad. Enjoy!
Preparing and seasoning the pork loin steak
To prepare and season the pork loin steak, start by patting it dry with paper towels. This will help ensure a nice sear on the meat. Next, season both sides of the steak generously with salt and pepper. You can also add other spices or herbs of your choice, such as garlic powder, paprika, or rosemary, to enhance the flavor. Rub the seasoning into the meat to ensure it coats evenly. Allow the seasoned steak to sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes before cooking to allow the flavors to penetrate the meat.
Searing the steak on the stovetop
To achieve a perfectly seared and flavorful pork loin steak, the stovetop method is essential. Here's how to do it:
1. Heat a cast-iron skillet or heavy-bottomed pan over medium-high heat.
2. Add a tablespoon of oil (such as vegetable or canola) to the hot pan and swirl it around to coat the bottom evenly.
3. Carefully place the seasoned pork loin steak into the hot pan, making sure not to overcrowd the pan.
4. Let the steak cook undisturbed for about 3-4 minutes on each side, or until a golden brown crust forms.
5. Use tongs to flip the steak and repeat the process on the other side.
Searing the pork loin steak on high heat locks in its juices and creates a beautiful caramelized crust that adds depth of flavor to every bite. Remember, patience is key during this step as it ensures a deliciously juicy result!
Finishing the steak in the oven
To finish cooking the pork loin steak, transfer it to a preheated oven. Place the seared steak on a baking sheet or in an oven-safe skillet. This will allow the steak to cook evenly and reach the desired internal temperature.
Set the oven temperature to 400°F (200°C) and bake the steak for about 10-15 minutes, or until it reaches an internal temperature of 145°F (63°C). Cooking times may vary depending on the thickness of your steak, so it's always best to use a meat thermometer to ensure doneness.
While in the oven, the heat will continue to cook and tenderize the pork loin steak, resulting in a juicy and flavorful piece of meat. Keep an eye on it to avoid overcooking and drying out the steak.
Once cooked to perfection, remove the pork loin steak from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes. This allows the juices to redistribute throughout the meat, ensuring maximum juiciness when you slice into it.
Now that your deliciously juicy pork loin steak is ready, serve it hot with your favorite sides such as roasted vegetables or mashed potatoes. The combination of tender meat with crispy edges will surely impress any meat lover at your table. Enjoy!
Resting and serving the pork loin steak
Once the pork loin steak is cooked to perfection, it's important to let it rest before serving. This allows the juices to redistribute throughout the meat, resulting in a tender and juicy steak. Remove the steak from the oven and transfer it to a cutting board. Tent it loosely with aluminum foil and let it rest for about 5 minutes. This resting period allows the internal temperature of the steak to stabilize and ensures that it remains moist when sliced. After resting, slice the pork loin steak against the grain into thick, juicy slices. Serve immediately with your favorite sides or sauces for a truly satisfying meal.
Tips and variations for Pork Loin Steak Recipe
Tips and Variations for Pork Loin Steak Recipe:
1. Marinating: For an extra burst of flavor, marinate the pork loin steak in your favorite marinade for at least 30 minutes before cooking. This will help tenderize the meat and infuse it with delicious flavors.
2. Seasoning: Experiment with different seasonings to enhance the taste of your pork loin steak. Try using a blend of garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper for a classic flavor profile. You can also add herbs like rosemary or thyme for a more aromatic touch.
3. Cooking Time: Adjust the cooking time based on your preferred level of doneness. For a medium-rare steak, cook it in the oven for about 10-12 minutes after searing. Increase the cooking time by a few minutes for a medium or well-done steak.
4. Sauce Pairings: Serve your pork loin steak with a flavorful sauce to complement its juicy goodness. A creamy mushroom sauce or tangy barbecue sauce works wonders with this dish. You can also try a simple pan sauce made from the drippings of the cooked steak.
5. Side Dish Ideas: Complete your meal by pairing the pork loin steak with delicious side dishes such as roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, or a fresh salad. These accompaniments will add variety and balance to your plate.
6. Grilling Option: If you prefer grilling over stovetop cooking, you can grill the pork loin steak instead of searing it on the stovetop. Simply preheat your grill to medium-high heat and cook each side for about 4-5 minutes until desired doneness is reached.
By following these tips and exploring different variations, you can create a personalized twist on this mouthwatering pork loin steak recipe that will leave you craving more!
In conclusion, the Pork Loin Steak recipe is a must-try for meat lovers looking for a deliciously juicy and flavorful dish. The combination of searing on the stovetop and finishing in the oven ensures a perfectly cooked steak with a beautiful crust on the outside and tender, juicy meat on the inside. The seasoning options are endless, allowing you to customize the flavors to your liking. Whether you prefer classic herbs and spices or want to experiment with bold marinades, this recipe will surely satisfy your cravings. So fire up your stovetop, grab your favorite cut of pork loin steak, and get ready to indulge in a mouthwatering meal that will leave you wanting more!
Published: 01. 12. 2023